Saturday, February 25, 2012

Water Pik

Costco coupons strike again...

We went to Costco earlier this week and they had a Water Pik water flosser on sale for $15 off. After some quick comparisons online, we decided it was as good a deal as we could expect to find anywhere, so... we bought it. (Okay, that's not the only reason. I also have this great tendency to get cavities between my teeth, so I'm really hoping it will cut down on the incidence of those and pay for itself that way.)  It came with a regular water flosser AND a travel flosser and a dozen heads too (for various specific things; I'll probably only use 3-4 of them ever but I guess it's nice to have them just in case). I found out later it all retailed for about double what we paid if we had gotten it from Water Pik's website directly, so that was pretty sweet.

Anyway, Nathan was pretty skeptical of it at first. I mean, it's basically a little wand you hold and it blasts water at your teeth. How useful could it really be?

Suffice it to say, we're both converts now. It really does work just as well if not better than actual floss, AND it's more fun to use! Of course, I usually end up squirting myself on accident at LEAST once a night, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon enough. I really wish I had owned one of these when I had braces, because flossing with braces is a huge pain, and with this thing it's exactly the same amount of work as without braces. I suspect our theoretical future children will make good use of it, given their genetic predisposition on both sides for terrible teeth. It's also useful for people who are too lazy to floss, or for people like me who, no matter how many times their dentist shows them how to floss properly, it's never good enough to actually prevent any cavities.

So there you have it. If you had any doubt, let it be known that this thing is pretty awesome.

And no, this post was not compensated.

No comments:

Post a Comment