Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Honey Glazed Chicken

Tuesday's dinner was another new recipe, honey glazed chicken.


(Yes, the pictures in the link are much prettier than mine, but we can't all be talented food photographers. Plus, I ate half my portion before I even remembered to take a picture...)

Overall verdict: it was good, but not as good as the sweet and sour chicken from Monday. The sauce was a little potent for my taste, so if you decide to make this, please note it is better to err on the side of too little sauce than too much on your rice... I did double the sauce as recommended and I think I still would because it covers the chicken better in the pan and makes it so the dish requires less basting. I used a smaller Pyrex glass dish (I think 7x11) and it held almost all the chicken I thawed (3 large chicken breasts - the kind you get at Costco in giant bags, thawed in the fridge overnight and cut into pieces) and made about 4-5 servings.

And now I have 5 bite-size pieces of leftover raw chicken in my fridge, waiting for some miracle to transform them into something else delicious (but not too delicious, because there's only going to be one serving).

No comments:

Post a Comment