Friday, August 3, 2012

Perler Beads: Super Metroid and Yoshi's Island

At long last, my blogging hiatus has come to an end! I deeply apologize for my absence in the last month. I have no excuse... well, actually I do have two: I've been replaying Final Fantasy VI (GBA version), which has sucked up all my free time, and we ran out of black perler beads for about 2-3 weeks. (Remember how I said the closest store that had some was 30 min away? I called. They were out too. We finally ordered a ton online from the perler bead site and waited another week and a half for them to arrive.)

Anyway, before we move on to the glorious pictures, I wanted to let you know that my husband's kickstarter ends in THREE HOURS as of this post. So if you want to donate and get a free perler bead sprite, now's your chance! Here's the link!

Now for today's showcase: Yoshi's Island and Super Metroid! (You get double because there's only two sprites for each.)

Yoshi's Island: Yoshi with baby Mario, and flower-headed Shy Guy (and whoops, I cut off the leftmost row of beads on baby Mario... oh well)
And another shot of Yoshi's Island sprites next to the wiggler from Super Mario World (still a huge favorite of mine)
Super Metroid: Sammus and the baby Metroid
I don't think that picture really gives you a good sense of scale though... So here's another shot of them next to a Super Nintendo cartridge of Super Metroid to put things in perspective.

Yes, that's right. The baby Metroid took NINE trays. No amount of sticky tack  holds this thing up on our wall; we had to resort to two small nails.
I can't take credit for any of these though... Nathan did every one of them!

Next up is the long-awaited Zelda collection... they're all done and waiting to be put up on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment