Monday, September 10, 2012

Perler Beads: Super Mario RPG

We made a new addition to our Mario homage... This time with Super Mario RPG, arguably one of the best RPGs on the Super Nintendo (though it has some fierce competition for the #1 spot, what with Final Fantasy III and ChronoTrigger; I think I'll leave the actual ranking to someone who reviews video games). 

ANYWAY, a week or two ago Nathan decided he wanted to perler-ize the sprites from Super Mario RPG, and then he actually did, despite me telling him he was crazy. And they actually turned out really awesome! Lest you chastise me for being surprised at that, keep in mind that the sprites are all pseudo-3D and use a lot of colors that don't exist in perler bead land, so it's extremely impressive that he made them look so AMAZING.

Super Mario RPG (starting at upper left and going clockwise): Princess, Mario, Bowser, Geno, Mallow, and Booster (in the middle)

They now reside on the door to the closet under the stairs, between Yoshi growing up and the Dr. Mario guys. 

And now, a bonus Mega Man picture now that they are all up on the wall finally.

Mega Man Robot Masters (from Mega Man 1-3) and Mega Man

I've been working on some new Zelda ones too, so stay tuned for those eventually... I played through all of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (just finished yesterday) so I have lots of inspiration! A replay of Minish Cap is next, since Nathan just surprised me with a copy of my very own. :) Then I need to get ahold of Oracle of Ages and Link's Awakening DX to round out my experience...

In other news, I got a new job (well, a promotion, actually) and I start next Monday. So yay for that! 

1 comment: