Monday, March 11, 2013

Perler Beads: Miscellaneous Cool Stuff (and Professor Layton!)

Ah, what do we have here? A bunch of random sprites... very random indeed.

Top row: Kirby from NES era, Imp from Final Fantasy VI, main character from Chrystalis
Second row: Slime, main character, Drakee (Dragon Warrior)
Third row: Karnov from The Legend of Karnov, Nemo from Little Nemo the Dreammaster

As an added bonus, we also have one of my favorites from the Nintendo DS: Professor Layton and his assistant, Luke! I actually made these for my friend and coworker, but I liked them so much I made myself a set too. They are very inspiring when you're stumped on something... because as you know, "every puzzle has an answer!" The games themselves are not pixel art, but Professor Layton and the Last Specter had a mini-game in pixel art style, and that plus the power of the internet made these sprites possible.

Professor Layton and Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment