Friday, July 6, 2012

Chocolate NES Controllers

My awesome mother-in-law sent us a care package a while back, and today I pulled out all the pieces it contained and made some sweet treats for our bead party this week. What did this alleged package contain? Well... just three things, actually: 5 lbs of Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips, 3 tubes of colored chocolate  for detail work, and 2 chocolate mold trays of NES controllers!

Step 1: fill in the details. After filling in as much detail as desired, freeze until chocolate is hardened.

Step 2: fill in remainder with melted chocolate. To melt chocolate, microwave on medium power, stirring every 30 sec until fully melted.

Step 3: Freeze until hardened, then pop them out of the mold.

I experimented a little with more detail once I did the first batch.

I really like how they turned out! I did half semi-sweet and half milk chocolate.

These were very easy to make and turned out really well. I think I might experiment with add-ins to the chocolate next time... maybe a little caramel or pretzel bits to jazz them up even more!

2 comments: