Thursday, October 11, 2012

Perler Beads: Earthbound

Oh Earthbound. You make me sad every time I think of you... every time I think of how we owned the cartridge growing up, and it got stolen, ne'er to be replaced, and now cartridges go for $150 minimum on ebay (over $500 if you want the box/manual). The last hole in our collection. Even though we don't own it, it's still an awesome game, and it deserved some representation on our walls.

Earthbound! Poo, Jeff, Ness, Paula, Pokey, Mr. Saturn, King
They haven't actually been hung up yet; that's a shot of them on the carpet. I'm quite pleased with how well they turned out though. Nathan wants to make a slew of NPC's to go with these guys, but for now I'm happy with the set as is.

And as an added bonus, I'll throw in a picture of the chocobo I made from Final Fantasy VI. It's a little more orange than the original sprite, though, so I might try again another time with a slightly different color scheme.

Chocobo outline
Completed chocobo! I guess he doesn't look as orange as I feared in the photo...
Edit:

Here are all the Earthbound sprites hung up over our piano.


No comments:

Post a Comment