Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sour Cream Enchiladas

Work was crazy busy today, what with it being the first day after a 3 day weekend and all. I hope tomorrow is better, but I'm not banking on it. I'm struggling to come up with something scintillatingly brilliant, so you get this recipe instead.

I haven't actually made this, but I ate it at a family dinner a few weeks ago and found it delicious. (The recipe notes I got after the dinner though leave something to be desired. Not my aunt-in-law's fault; she got the recipe from someone else. I've clarified a few things in transcribing it below.)

Sour Cream Enchiladas

Mix together:
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 1 c sour cream
- 2-3 c cooked chicken, chopped

Other ingredients:
- 12 tortillas
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/2 lb grated cheese
- red enchilada sauce

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Dip tortillas in hot fat, then place 1 T chicken mix in each tortilla, add 1 t onion and a little cheese, then roll up and place seam down in baking dish. Repeat for all tortillas. Spread rest of mixture on top, pour enchilada sauce over it, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake at 350 F for 20-25 min. Serve with tortilla chips.

As a side note: other than not frying the tortillas first (sounds messy and potentially unnecessary, though I may try it anyway just to be sure), I think I'll also mix the onion into the chicken mixture (and use dried onion). I'll probably also mix in most of the cheese. That would make assembly a lot easier. I must get some red enchilada sauce before I can try it, but hopefully I'll get to make it later this week. I'll keep you posted on any modifications I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment