Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ten Things to Smile About






February flew by... hard to believe it's nearly over already. But it's been a pretty awesome month, so I guess I can forgive it just this once.

1. I threw an awesome steampunk birthday party for my great friend Amy.
2. I got over 100 hits on a single blog post (my review of Monsters and Mormons) - this may not be much to some of you big timers, but it's a new record for me!
3. I met some really awesome people and saw a lot of old friends at Life, the Universe, and Everything, the local writing con.
4. My brother in law got his mission call to Ukraine.
5. I got to spend some quality time with my in laws and go through the temple with previously referred to brother in law.
6. I tried several new recipes  (including TWO new dinner ideas, three dessert recipes, and a bread recipe).
7. I finally used some of my birthday gift cards and got some fun new kitchen stuff and a new sweater shirt.
8. I splurge on a water flosser that will blast away all my cavities (I hope).
9. I went on several fun dates with my husband.
10. I got a sweet bonus AND a raise at work (I knew they were both coming, but it's still exciting).

1 comment:

  1. What a great list! Going to go search for your Monsters and Mormons review- I missed that one.

    I need your cooking ambition- I have had zero desire to cook lately.

    Kitchen things are always fun and make me want to cook-- hmm maybe I just need to get shopping then I will want to cook again.

    Congrats on the bonus and raise- that is awesome!!
    Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete