Saturday, March 3, 2012

Baptism (and some other stuff)

Today my nephew was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. (I actually had another nephew baptized yesterday too, but I wasn't able to attend that one, unfortunately.)

Nathan gave the talk, and I got to play the piano. I approve of this division of labor, since Nathan is much better at giving simultaneously funny, interesting, and spiritual talks than I am. My niece gave the other talk, grandmas from both sides gave the prayers, and all the kids from my brother's family did a special musical number. It was a beautiful meeting and a wonderful experience overall, and I feel blessed to have been asked to contribute my talents to help invite the Spirit.

Afterwards I was able to spend most of the remaining day with my parents, whom I have not seen in so long - since Christmas, in fact. :P And I'll see my mom again in a few weeks when she comes to help with the new baby upstairs. It's fun to be able to see them often, even though they don't live in the same state. (And I know it's kind of a fluke that they are visiting 3 times in 4 months; that's not really typical.)

In other news, I have some fun recipes that I'll be posting in the next week or so, and I also have a substantial backlog of books that I'm hoping to get to this week. (My brother gave me four that he got from the library, so I'd better crank through them this week before they're due back. I also have Partials to read by Dan Wells, and that's just the beginning.) So I'll probably be doing some book reviews coming up too. I'm slowly working my way through Dragon Quest V: The Hand of the Heavenly Bride, but I'm only 16 hours in so I might have a ways to go on that one before you get a review. But so far, I really like it. Lastly, I'm rapidly approaching my 100th post (it should be on Thursday, if I remember correctly) so don't forget to check back then for something awesome (that has not yet been determined).

I hope you are all having an excellent weekend!

1 comment: