Saturday, March 31, 2012

Book Review: Intergalactic Medicine Show Awards Anthology Vol 1

I picked up the InterGalactic Medicine Show Awards Anthology, Vol. I  off of Amazon last weekend when it was free and read it this weekend. I didn't really have any expectations going in, given that it was a) free and b) short fiction (which I'm normally rather picky about), so I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that it maintained a high caliber of talent throughout. I found pretty much all of the stories to be enjoyable, interesting, and accessible, which was a refreshing change for an anthology of SF/F short fiction.

I feel like I should write more about each individual story, but I'm super tired right now, so that's not going to happen. I apologize.

I did want to say one thing though. Maybe I'll be blasphemed until the end of time for saying this, but I enjoyed Peter S. Beagle's Trinity County, CA contribution about 100 times more than The Last Unicorn (which I read for book group last year). Take that how you will. I personally didn't care for The Last Unicorn, but if you did, I hope that makes you want to read this anthology even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment