Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ten Things to Smile About

Oh dang. March is almost over. Good thing the weather finally decided to cooperate a little!





1. Two of my nephews got baptized.
2. I found that awesome chicken taquitos recipe. Someday when I feel really ambitious (and have freezer space), I will make a bunch and freeze them for quick meals.

3. I finished the baby Converse shoes that I've been wanting to crochet for months and months.
I did finally finish the ends of the laces too so they are short and won't fray.

4. Pie!

5. Getting Professor Layton and the Last Specter... and Kirby's Epic Yarn.
6. Reading lots of excellent books.
7. My new niece!
8. My mom is here to visit.
9. Starting to make steampunk goggles with Amy.
10. And as part of that, scouring DI for purses with really excellent buckles with Amy. Price limit: $2 per purse. We were successful! (And also really cheap!)

5 comments:

  1. Great list! Those taquitos look good! I would love the recipe. And those shoes are so stinkin adorable! Say hi to your mom for me. We miss eating pie with them. Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some taquitos in my freezer right now for aforementioned quick meals. I use this recipe: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/04/baked-creamy-chicken-taquitos/

    And I am very excited to finish the steampunk goggles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I use one that's very similar - http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/02/baked-creamy-chicken-taquitos.html (in fact, it may be identical, but I was too lazy to confirm it 100%).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shoes are SO CUTE. When I have a baby you can make some for me! Eh? EH?? :D

    ReplyDelete