Wednesday, March 7, 2012

White Chip Chocolate Cookies

I like cookies. But I am also pretty particular about my cookies, and I get bored with chocolate chip if I make them too often. So sometimes I branch out a bit. Snickerdoodles. Lemon crinkles. Heath bit cookies. You get the idea. Well, today's offering is these little beauties.

Sorry for the blurriness... I'd take another one but I ate them all.

Chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips. I make them small - about 2 inches in diameter - so that I can eat a lot of them. One thing to be careful of with this recipe - don't over-bake them or they'll get much too hard! If you aren't sure if they are done, break one in half and check the middle. They should have cracks on the top when you pull them out of the oven. I did make a few minor ingredient changes based off of the comments given on allrecipes.com, so my version does not exactly match the link.

White Chip Chocolate Cookies


Ingredients

- 1 cup butter, softened (I usually just microwave it for 30 seconds or so in a glass dish)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups white chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Fold in the white chocolate chips. (The dough will be pretty stiff at this point.) Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are set. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Also, for those of you wondering what the mango lassi recipe was from Indian food extravaganza, it was this one. (I didn't make it though, so I can't really take any credit for how good it was.) And here's a picture to send you off.


1 comment:

  1. I squinted at the picture of the cookie twice before I read the text and realized that it actually was out of focus, and I wasn't just imagining it.

    ReplyDelete