Monday, December 5, 2011

Bob-omb

This is another favorite pattern I've found: a Bob-omb from Mario. I've actually made two of them so far, but my husband took the first one to work already to decorate his desk. You get TWO pictures of this one, so as to fully appreciate him from all angles: 



I used this pattern, except as you can probably tell I mixed up the colors a bit after consulting the reliable source of "Google image search". Plus it is freaking impossible to find gray #10 crochet thread. I looked everywhere for it, because I wanted it for a different pattern that I haven't tackled yet. I still have two possible stores in my city to check out, but the three I've looked at so far have failed me. I did get some very thin yarn to try as an alternative, but we'll see if it ends up working or not. Anyway, I am quite pleased with this particular endeavor. I used #10 crochet thread and my trusty #7 hook again with white, black, and yellow thread and fiberfill stuffing. He turned out about 1 1/2 inches tall.

If I do this pattern again I may eliminate one of the white rows on the cap to make it a little shorter because every time I look at him it strikes me as abnormally tall, but that's probably just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment