Friday, May 4, 2012

Book Review: Old Man's War

Man, I'm glad this week is over.

I re-read Old Man's War today. I forgot how delightful that book is. Also I managed to forget the prolific bouts of swearing in certain parts, but it is about a guy in the military (in space! fighting aliens!), so I can't really fault it for being accurate. Despite the story meandering around for most of the book, it's a strangely satisfying read with a sweet underlying message about love, not to mention a lot of really cool ideas that are handled very well. Plus the humor is spot on. I highly recommend it. It makes me want to immediately re-read the sequels, which is unfortunate because they are not currently residing on my Kindle.

Anyway, I thought about writing more but it's late and I'm tired. So that will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment