Saturday, May 26, 2012

Productive Weekend

The weekend isn't even half over, and I have accomplished so much! It's nice to know that I'm still capable of (mostly) self motivation at home now and then... Here's what we did yesterday and today.

- Last night, we cleaned the pantry and organized it. Before, you could hardly walk into it because the entire floor was covered in boxes piled haphazardly. James came over and helped us sort out the useless ones and consolidate the rest so that they took up much less space. I can't believe what a difference it made!

Before they were covering all the floor you can see plus some. I haven't even thrown out the useless ones yet - they're all the ones on the right side, and the good ones only take up two shelves on the left. We also consolidated all my plastic bags into one trash bag so they don't expand to take over the world.

- While we were at it, we also organized our spare closet in the writing room and condensed all the extra suitcases and bags we had thrown in the back. And I caught up on my filing too.

- I swept and mopped the kitchen floor for the first time in ages.

- I cleaned the bathroom for the first time in... well, let's just say ages and leave it at that. I'm sure you can imagine how fun it was to clean given that we both have longer hair now... hair everywhere. Including quite a bit down the shower drain. It made me want to get a haircut today, but I was car-less all afternoon.


- I made 6 batches of jam with my sister in law upstairs! Two for me, 4 for her. I may make one more batch later, but I'm set for now. (And it's set too, ha ha...)

My two batches, made with lots of help from small children.

- I did two loads of laundry too.

- And made dinner for the cousin party we hosted tonight. (In the crockpot though, so it's not like it was a huge time commitment...)

- Let's not forget Nathan took the GRE today and did wonderfully! Now that it's over, maybe he won't be so stressed out. :)

And of course the best part is we still have Monday off to kick back and relax.

I also feel it merits mentioning that Nathan proposed 4 years ago on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. So that's pretty cool too.

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment