Cowboy Oatmeal Cookies (aka Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla (this was a suggestion in the comments; I did not add it in but I bet it would be tasty)
- 2 cups quick cooking oats (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream margarine, oil, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually stir in the sifted ingredients until well blended. Mix in oats and butterscotch chips. Drop from a teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Let set up on the cookie sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
These were quite delicious, and the old-fashioned oats made them delightfully chewy too. Definitely recommended!