Here are the highlights of our retro gaming tournament:
- eating wings (of course) AND getting 3 free soft pretzels because of a super nice waitress (who we then cheered and clapped for every time she walked by after that)
- the many, many occasions when someone would have one hit left and then kick the trash out of their opponent for a come-from-behind win (and the subsequent racket that ensued)
- Chuck and I playing Dance Central 2 instead of getting creamed on retro fighting games...
- finding out the James is actually really good at Dance Central 2 despite never playing it before
- seeing all the old video games Nathan made in high school (that he hand drew, pixel by pixel!)
The final standings of the tournament were:
tied for 3rd: Jason and Derek
The prizes I spent so long slaving over were a set of 4 Mario mushrooms (which I forgot to take a picture of, but I'll insert a pic of the ones I made at Christmas that looked the same).
Originally we were going to give them as a set to the winner, but then we didn't want the losers to be sad. So...
Jordan won one of our bob-ombs (I had two - maybe if I make one to replace it, I'll make it pink so it will be like the one in Paper Mario, Bombette!) and the red Mario mushroom, and everyone else just got a mushroom (Jason got green, Derek got blue, and James got yellow with red spots). And all were satisfied, and now I've made 10 of those mushrooms and given away 9. I'll have to fix that eventually when the crochet bug strikes again.