Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye, 2011

We celebrated the end of 2011 in style: playing Rayman Origins (four player!), eating Hot Pizza Dip Bites, and drinking Martinelli's.

Mmmmm... pizza bites. We demolished two pans of these suckers. They are GOOD - and addicting!

Don't be fooled. I ate a lot more than two, I assure you. The apple-cranberry sparkly complimented them nicely.

I suppose now is the appropriate time to reflect upon the past year... but honestly, it was a pretty low key year for us. Nathan went to several conventions, of course, and we started beefing up our retro game collection... I picked up amigurumi and started making lots of video game related crochet plushies... we bought a new (to us) car... we didn't travel anywhere exciting, but lots of people came here to visit... yep. Low key year. Not a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination. I often prefer boring evenings to crises.

Now for an exciting list of plans/goals for 2012:

- go to a family reunion in June
- go to World Con with Nathan in Chicago at the end of August
- play Dance Central 2 at least twice a week (yes, that's a secret exercise goal)
- read five first drafts of books by my favorite author XD
- keep track of all the books I read on Goodreads
- play through Dragon Quest IV, Blue Dragon, and the latest Professor Layton game on the DS
- try a new recipe every week
- crochet ornaments for a Mario themed Christmas tree!
- keep posting regularly on this blog (since its my only hope at this point of keeping any semblance of a journal)
- average more than 6 hours of sleep a night...
- go to the temple every month

There. That's a nice mixture of "fun" and "good for you". It's important to have a balance, otherwise it is far too daunting to even start. It's also important to really want to do something when you set a goal to do it, at least for me... the motivation has to come first, or setting the goal does jack diddly squat. I've found this to be true in pretty much every area of my life. If you are the kind of person who feels motivated by the mere setting of a goal... I hope you are taking full advantage of that gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment