Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Treats

My deepest apologies for not posting yesterday. I sat down to write something, and then I fell asleep on the couch. When I woke up, I was so disoriented and exhausted I barely made it to the bed. (I didn't even remember that I sat down to write a post...) Luckily, I slept about 11 hours and I feel much better. In fact, I did 5 loads of laundry today and exercised and made some Easter treats! How productive! (I also found a giant spider in my dirty laundry basket. I swear it hasn't been that long since I did laundry... I guess it's officially spring now that the spiders are back.)

Anyway. Easter treats. Remember the Easter package we got from my awesome in-laws? Yep. That's what we used.

First, we filled the shapes in the bottom of the mold with one color. The easiest way to do this is plop a small spoonful of chocolate in the middle and spread it out with a toothpick. 

Then we filled the rest with another color, put in an Oreo, and let it set up! Easy peasy!

Then we did some the other way around just because.

Finally, I made some chocolate drizzled pretzels with some of the leftover melted chocolate.

I covered the bottoms of the Oreos on the first batch, but we didn't bother doing that on the second batch because the Oreos were just barely too fat to be covered and still stay inside the mold (I think that's because they were double stuffed).

This is an easy enough project that you can do it with your kids or by yourself for a quick festive treat.

I'm envisioning variations now... grasshopper cookies, or any homemade cookie if you baked them up small enough... or even a modification of these Oreo truffles might work too! Or you could press those square lattice pretzels in instead of a cookie... the possibilities are endless! What kind of hidden treat would you like best in these chocolate bites?

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what kind of treat I would put in, but I do know that I hope there are leftovers when I come over to finish goggles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your laundry spider was probably kin to the one that was hiding on my shower towel. Hopefully it met the same fate. :) The treats look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about peanut butter chips for one layer, chocolate for the other, and Nilla wafers for the cookie? Mmm. What a good idea those molds are.

    ReplyDelete