Monday, April 16, 2012

Nine!

Nathan finished book #9! And in case you didn't click that link, he wrote it in two weeks. Yep. I'm very impressed. I issued the challenge (more as a way of helping him get back in his groove than anything) and he took it, and was determined to do it - even though we've been super busy the last two weeks. The final push involved 8-10k words per day the last three days. I was extremely impressed. And I'm also super excited, because now for the first time ever I get to read a whole Nathan book in one go! (Usually I read along as he writes it, catching up every 2-3 days or so.) 

In other news, I went to the library Saturday and now I'm burning through the huge stack of books I got. So far I read A Tale of Two Castles by Gail Carson Levine (meh, not as good as her other stuff), and Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George (very entertaining and fun). I must have a thing for castles I guess. I just started Across the Great Barrier by Patricia Wrede, breaking the pattern. Yes, I know these books have been out a while; I'm just trying to get caught up on my backlog. And what a backlog it is... BUT I would like to report I have read 26 books so far this year, putting me at 26% of my goal. I'm a little behind (Goodreads is very diligent at telling me exactly how far behind) but hopefully with this haul I will be back on track. 

3 comments:

  1. Any prospects for publishing any of them, or is he just self publishing e-books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll be submitting #8 and #9 after they are edited. If nobody snatches them up, they'll probably go up as e-books, but we'll see.

      Delete
  2. I love Patricia Wrede's Dealing with Dragons books. They make me happy. And congrats to Nathan!

    ReplyDelete