Friday, April 27, 2012

Something Bite Size to Read

I don't know about you, but I am totally wiped out from this last week. So rather than trying to whip up something in the kitchen (now that it's 11pm) or crank out another book review, I will share something I've been enjoying recently.

I read lots of blogs - some by friends and family members, an a lot by authors I enjoy. Robin McKinley (author of Beauty, Pegasus, and a host of other books) puts up a blog post every single day (in fact, perhaps that's partly why I try to do the same thing). Lately in an effort to drum up new material for blog posts, she began doing a serial fictional story loosely guided by her blog admin, who periodically throws scenarios at her (kind of like D&D but with more freedom for the character). So far she's done five episodes over the last two weeks or so, and I'm enjoying it very much. I've linked all five below for your convenience.

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5

It's very loosely based off of some of her own life experiences - being an author, having dogs, etc. but is not actually autobiographical. I find her writing style to be much more carefree in these little bite size chunks than it is in her more recent novels, which is part of why I like them so much. (I like her novels too. But sometimes they require several re-reads to get everything.)

Anyway. I hope you enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment