Sunday, April 29, 2012

P.F. Chang's Mongolian Beef

I didn't make this recipe, but my friend Derek from writing group did, and we got to feast on it for dinner today.  I found a copy cat recipe for P.F. Chang's Mongolian Beef here and was intrigued, so you can imagine my immense satisfaction that I was able to taste it without having to go buy ingredients or touch raw meat... (definitely not my favorite thing).

The verdict? It wasn't exactly the same as what you get at P.F. Chang's, but it was pretty close and very tasty. I think I prefer my flank steak sliced thinner than they recommend - 1/4 inch seems a bit thick, while the bites I got that were thinner seemed much more tender - but I think that's more personal preference than anything. It's definitely a delicious and fairly straightforward dish and was a nice change from our usual fare of chicken dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment